|PARENT (M) Amos Williams|
|Birth||10 SEP 1784||Bucks County, Pennsylvania, USA|
|Death||9 SEP 1853||Clarion County, Pennsylvania, USA|
|Marriage||ABT 1806||to Elizabeth Mitchel|
|PARENT (F) Elizabeth Mitchel|
|Birth||12 AUG 1785||Dry Valley, Mifflin Co., PA|
|Death||29 JUL 1838||Clarion, Pennsylvania, USA|
|Marriage||ABT 1806||to Amos Williams|
|Birth||13 OCT 1807||Pennsylvania, USA|
|Death||ABT 1884||Centennial Cemetery, Strattanville, PA|
|Birth||2 JUL 1812||Monroe, Clarion, Pennsylvania, USA|
|Death||6 JUL 1896|
|Birth||SEP 1814||Monroe, Clarion, Pennsylvania, USA|
|Death||23 MAR 1902|
|Birth||20 JAN 1822||Clarion Co., Pennsylvania, USA|
|Death||8 JUN 1911||Clarion, Clarion, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Birth||17 JAN 1827||Clarion, Pennsylvania, USA|
|Death||25 JUL 1908||Franklin, Venango, Pennsylvania, USA|
|F||Sarah C Williams|
|Birth||28 JUN 1824||Clarion Co., Pennsylvania, USA|
|Death||17 JAN 1917||Clarion, Clarion, Pennsylvania, USA|
|F||Jane Ruth Williams|
|Birth||27 OCT 1819|
|Death||1 NOV 1830|
The Reidsburg Zion Baptist congregation was organized in Amos Williams's barn, in what is now Williamsburg, on June 9, 1821. It became at that time a branch of the Glade Run Baptist Church, Armstrong county. Rev. Nathaniel Tibots was the officiating minister. He was the first Baptist preacher in what is now Clarion county, preaching here for some time before the church was organized. The congregation at first consisted of a small band of fifteen members, among whom were Amos Williams, Phillip Lewis, Richard Reynolds, John and Margaret Mitchell, Hannah Frampton, and others. Rev. Tibots was highly esteemed by his people. The sisters of the congregation would often assemble together and arrange among themselves some expression of their appreciation of his faithful labors. Among the gifts thus bestowed was a pair of fine tow linen pantaloons, which, like Joseph's coat, was of many colors, and which was frequently worn, in the proper season, at Sabbath services. He continued as their pastor but one year after the organization of the church. From 1822 to 1825 they had a stated pastor, Rev. James Williams and Rev. George McCleary preaching occasionally as supply. Rev. Samuel Frampton accepted a call in August, 1825, and remained a faithful and beloved pastor for eleven years."
source: HISTORY OF CLARION COUNTY, edited by A. J. Davis, 1887
CHAPTER LX. HISTORY OF MONROE TOWNSHIP. By C. F. McNutt, and W. W. Deatrick.
From History of Clarion County, unknown compiler, published circa 1976.
1841 Amos Williams
Clarion County Churches
From History of Clarion Co., Pennsylvania
Edited by A. J. Davis, 1887.
"In 1838 the undivided association met in Brookville; in 1839 with Zion Church, now Reidsburgh. Amos Williams, Enoch Hastings, and William King are the first moderators, all men of sterling character."
Source: The Statues at Large of Pennsylvania, Harrisburg PA, 1911
LAWS PASSED SESSION 1840
DAVID R. PORTER, GOVERNOR
WM. HOPKINS, Speaker of the House of Representatives.
W. T. ROGERS, Speaker of the Senate
247. An act to incorporate an Academy at Clarion in Clarion county.
The first trustees of the academy shall be AMOS WILLIAMS, HUGH MCGUIRE,
LINDSAY C. PRITNER, ROBERT POTTER, GEORGE B. HAMILTON, PETER CLOVER SEN.,
JOHN H. GROVE, WILLIAM B. FITZHUGH and CHARLES EVANS shall be a body
incorporate and politic. 12 Jun 1840.
THE NINETEENTH CENTURY BEGINS.
ENUMERATION OF TAXABLES FOR 1800
Lower Bald Eagle. ... Amos Williams, farmer; Edward Williams, farmer; Total, 427.
At the time this enumeration was made a bill was pending in the Assembly for the erection of a new county out of parts of Lycoming, Mifflin, Northumberland, and Huntingdon, to be called Centre. It passed, February 13, 1800, and largely absorbed Lower Bald Eagle.