Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/mixedgen/public_html/mixedgen.es/wp-content/plugins/rootspersona/php/pages/panels/class-RP-Group-Sheet-Panel-Creator.php on line 220
|PARENT (M) Abraham Frampton|
|Birth||23 MAY 1805||Lewistown, Mifflin, Pennsylvania, USA|
|Marriage||26 JUN 1824||to Sarah Elliott at Clarion, PA, USA|
|PARENT (F) Sarah Elliott|
|Birth||1810||Lewistown, Mifflin, Pennsylvania, USA|
|Death||16 AUG 1893|
|Marriage||26 JUN 1824||to Abraham Frampton at Clarion, PA, USA|
|Birth||1843||Mifflin, Pennsylvania, USA|
|Death||1916||Hastings, NE, USA|
|M||William Elliott Frampton|
|Birth||1 MAY 1830|
|Death||14 FEB 1861|
edited by A. J. Davis, 1887
HISTORY OF LICKING TOWNSHIP.
"In 1836 James IWilson settled where he now resides.
Among the other early settlers were Christopher Over, George Heeter, sr., George Elliott, sr., William Elliott, sr., John Dunkle, Htigh Kilgore, John L. Reid, Abram Frampton, Henry Alexander, and others, whose descendants still live in the township.
The excellent water-power of the township and the mineral and forestry resources have given considerable activity to the milling, lumbering, and iron industries from time to time.
Grist-Mills. -- As early as 1814 Alexander Wilson built a grist-mill on the Clarion, a short distance from the mouth of Licking. This mill was burned, and soon after being rebuilt it was again burned. A man named Myers had built a rival establishment about two hundred yards up Licking, and the fact that a controversy arose between Wilson and Myers gave currency to a rumor that Myers burned the mill, but the crime was never proven against him. The mill was put up a third time, and it went to decay when Mr. Wilson became too old to operate it. In connection with the first two structures a carding-machine was erected, which was operated by John Craig. The Myers mill was sold to Michael Reichart, late of Perry township, who sold it to Abram Frampton. Mr. Frampton saw the advantage of being located on the "pike," which had been laid out from Graham's Landing (now Parker) to the place where the pike now crosses the Jefferson county line, so he proceeded to build a new mill where the road crossed Licking. This mill has long been known as Craig's mill, now owned by W. Craig, jr. The machinery of Frampton's old mill was set up in a mill at Matildaville, and ran for a long time."